The Oral Surgery Institute of the Carolinas was founded in 2006 on the principles of compassionate care, innovative techniques, and overarching love for patients and the community.
Our board-certified Oral and Maxillofacial surgeons have remained committed to the founding principles and to continuing the mission of providing an incredible experience of superior Oral Surgery care. Our practice continues to carry on the high standards of the profession and give back to the community beyond the walls of the practice.
With a passionate commitment, the Oral Surgery Institute of the Carolinas will provide an incredible experience of superior OMS care through cutting edge technology, innovation and caring teamwork to enhance the lives of our Patients, our Team and our Community.
You Initial Appointment
Your initial appointment will consist of a consultation explaining your diagnosis, treatment options, payment options, and scheduling your next appointment or a surgery appointment. A complex medical history and insurance may delay treatment.
• Many insurance benefits will not cover same day surgery unless it is for an emergency.
• Aesthetic procedures such as Dental Implants are often not covered by insurance
• Complex medical history may require conferences with other medical professionals.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
• Your surgical referral slip and X-rays if applicable. If your dentist or physician has taken X-rays; you may request that they forward them to our office. If there is not enough time, please pick them up and bring them to our office. If additional films are necessary, they can be taken at our facility.
• If applicable, bring your medical and dental insurance cards.
• Please complete registration forms and bring your driver’s license or photo I.D.
• A list of medications you are presently taking. Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to surgery (i.e. diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.) or, if you are currently taking any medications (i.e. heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.).
Payment is expected on the day of services rendered. Our practice accepts American Express, Visa and MasterCard, checks and cash. Financing options are also available. During your consultation visit, our Treatment Coordinator will discuss several payment options in great detail. Payment options and arrangements should be made prior to the date of surgery. Remember, all financial information you receive will be an estimate. As a courtesy, we will assist you in filing your medical and/or dental insurances, however, you are responsible for your bill.
IMPORTANT: All patients under the ages of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at the consultation visit. In North Carolina, a patient is considered a minor until the age of 18, and cannot sign a legal document.